I am disappointed -- but not defeated -- to share this update on today's hearing in New Jersey. As home to vaccine giant, Merck & Co., we knew New Jersey would be difficult and this just confirms it.
My heartfelt thanks to all those who attended the NJ hearing and to everyone who supported them prayer. Our brothers and sisters in NJ have much work to do. The rest of us need to continue to pray and lend our support in whatever way we can!
As a good friend just shared a short while ago, "I am afraid that the USA is gradually slipping into a dictatorship and people are not taking notice." God bless, watch over and protect us all . . .
The following post is from Louise Kuo Habakus of Fearless Parent and co-author Vaccine Epidemic. Louise, a NJ resident and strong advocate for vaccine choice, was instrumental in organizing the 400 plus people who attended today's hearing.
I am just back from Trenton. Over 400 NJ parents and professionals gathered at our state capital today to oppose a new Assembly bill that proposes to gut the religious exemption and effectively mandate vaccination for virtually all children.
No matter. 300 people were enough in Oregon but not NJ.
Despite the impassioned, compelling, and articulate testimony of over 100 who took the microphone to voice strong opposition, plus the hundreds who oppose the bill but declined to testify in the interest of time, the Health Committee voted to move the bill to the full Assembly.
- Chairman Herb Conaway changed his bill to match S1147 with no public notice
- He granted each person just 60 sec to speak
- He left the room with certain committee members for a long period of time without explanation
- He would not allow me to discuss conflicts of interest or the Merck lawsuit brought by 2 whistleblower employees alleging fraud to preserve its mumps vaccine monopoly
- He did not express any acknowledgement of the extraordinary presence of many hundreds who showed up... filling all 80 chairs, another 175 standing along both sides of the room, spilling out the door, and another 150+ in a large overflow room
- Only 3 testified in support of the bill
- Committee members looked anxious and tense. There was very little discussion.
- Asw Jimenez deceived her constituents, saying she would oppose this bill (she voted in favor).
- Asm Eustice and Asm Green both expressed support to parents. They abstained.
- Thank you, Asm Peterson -- the sole member to vote in opposition.
- Can you imagine what goes on behind closed doors in the Pharma capital of the world?
The situation in NJ is grim. There are now companion Assembly and Senate bills that have moved out of committee and headed for both houses.
I can't impress strongly enough what is at stake. The NJ legislature wants to pass a law so it can determine who's religiously sincere for the express purpose of increasing vaccine compliance.
Who will stand in judgment of those who stand in judgment? Implementation of this bill will destroy who we are and what we stand for.
It's time to gather your people and start making your voices heard. We need to organize by legislative district. Contact your Senator and 2 Assemblypeople. Request a meeting and bring a large number of people. I will be working with the NJ Coalition for Vaccination Choice to get this done.
If you can convene large groups, we can get a Coalition member to lead discussions.
Act now. These bills will be hastened to both houses as soon as they feel confident. It's not quite time to contact Gov Christie yet.
Stay tuned. Thank you to everyone who showed up today.